zaterdag 18 januari 2014

Deacon converting Dennett



Dennett on Deacon's Incomplete Nature (2012):
"I myself have been trying in recent years to say quite a few of the things Deacon says more clearly here. So close and yet so far! I tried; he succeeded, a verdict I would apply to the other contenders in equal measure. Alicia Juarrero (1999) and Evan Thompson (2007) have both written excellent books on neighboring and overlapping topics, but neither of them managed to win me over to the Romantic side (see, e.g., Dennett 2011), whereas Deacon, with his more ambitious exercise of reconstruction, has me re-examining my fundamental working assumptions. I encourage others who see versions of their own pet ideas emerging more clearly and systematically in Deacon’s account to join me in applauding." (Dennett 2013, Aching Voids and Making Voids, p. 324)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten